Location & Contact:
401 4th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
The Grand Theater is the home base for the Wausau Area Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., a private nonprofit community arts organization established in 1972.
With a mission to promote excellence in the performing arts in North Central Wisconsin, the Performing Arts Foundation (P.A.F.) reaches over 150,000 people each year with performances and instructional programs.
With the grand opening of The Grand in 2002, the Performing Arts Foundation established a new energy in the Wausau area to fulfill its various roles:
* As a Presenter: The P.A.F. sponsors the Lively Arts Series of touring professional artists for community audiences; The Grand Entertainers, special performances of unusual prominence and quality; and the The Grand Student Matinee Series, professional arts events for school groups.
* As a Facility Manager: The P.A.F. maintains and operates The Grand, a combination of historic renovation and new construction in Wausau, Wisconsin. The center of The Grand is the historic Grand Theater, a focal point of Wausau's vital downtown area, and a venue for touring and community activities.
* As an Arts Education Resource: The P.A.F. manages Artists in the Schools, bringing regional artists into classrooms; sponsors The Grand Student Matinee Series; and (with Wausau Schools) is a member of the John F. Kennedy Center Partnership, training teachers to use arts-based techniques to enhance effectiveness across the curriculum.
* As a Local Arts Agency: The P.A.F. provides technical assistance to affiliates, local events, and community groups (including Central Wisconsin Educational Theater Alliance); addresses local issues; works with community agencies for our area's betterment; and is active in state and national consortia.
* As a Fundraiser: The P.A.F.'s annual Performing Arts Fund Drive generates the nation's highest per capita arts giving among communities with population under 180,000.
>>> PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Theater Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cash, Check, Credit, Debit
9051 State Hwy 13 South , Wisconsin Rapids
Entertainment - Live Band & DJs and Great Food…Read More
300 3rd Street, Wausau
A first-of-its-kind music/arts/outdoor festival - for the second time - to take place the weekend of…Read More
700 North 12th Street, Wausau
Located in a residential area on Wausau's east side, the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum invites you…Read More
Wausau Wedding Powerhouse- your trusted resource for wedding and special event planning. Includ…Read More
928 LeMessurier St., Wausau
I am a Intuitive Reader. I have work for many years giving pyschic readings.…Read More
Less of 12 is a hard rock band from Marshfield WI. They have been together for about four years. The…Read More
CentralNightOut.com is the best central Wisconsin area website that brings you all of your nightly e…Read More
225 S. Central Ave., Wausau, Marshfield, Stevens Point, Rapids
Forget Me Not Nails is a full service, nails only salon. I have 11 years of experience in the nail i…Read More
Rock Around The Clock DJ's has joined in a new wave that is hitting the nation, Foam Parties. Foam P…Read More
- View All Entertainment