Location & Contact:
401 4th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
The Grand Theater is the home base for the Wausau Area Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., a private nonprofit community arts organization established in 1972.
With a mission to promote excellence in the performing arts in North Central Wisconsin, the Performing Arts Foundation (P.A.F.) reaches over 150,000 people each year with performances and instructional programs.
With the grand opening of The Grand in 2002, the Performing Arts Foundation established a new energy in the Wausau area to fulfill its various roles:
* As a Presenter: The P.A.F. sponsors the Lively Arts Series of touring professional artists for community audiences; The Grand Entertainers, special performances of unusual prominence and quality; and the The Grand Student Matinee Series, professional arts events for school groups.
* As a Facility Manager: The P.A.F. maintains and operates The Grand, a combination of historic renovation and new construction in Wausau, Wisconsin. The center of The Grand is the historic Grand Theater, a focal point of Wausau's vital downtown area, and a venue for touring and community activities.
* As an Arts Education Resource: The P.A.F. manages Artists in the Schools, bringing regional artists into classrooms; sponsors The Grand Student Matinee Series; and (with Wausau Schools) is a member of the John F. Kennedy Center Partnership, training teachers to use arts-based techniques to enhance effectiveness across the curriculum.
* As a Local Arts Agency: The P.A.F. provides technical assistance to affiliates, local events, and community groups (including Central Wisconsin Educational Theater Alliance); addresses local issues; works with community agencies for our area's betterment; and is active in state and national consortia.
* As a Fundraiser: The P.A.F.'s annual Performing Arts Fund Drive generates the nation's highest per capita arts giving among communities with population under 180,000.
>>> PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Theater Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cash, Check, Credit, Debit
N1895 Council Grounds Drive, Merrill
State Park…Read More
305 3rd Street, Wausau and 1105 Main St, Stevens Point
Clay Corner Studio is a Paint your own Pottery and Glass Fusing Studio. We have projects for all age…Read More
Progressive Flamenco Classical Guitar El Gel sets the perfect entertainment atmosphere for any Me…Read More
9332 Hwy 10 West, Marshfield
The Vox Concert Series is a music movement that features indie, emerging, and label signed musicians…Read More
N5890 Cty Rd. H, Gleason
FuddFest Country Music Festival & Theatre is an outdoor music festival that features 5 days & nights…Read More
Ryan Flannery & the Night Owls are an indie rock band originating from the cozy Midwestern city of W…Read More
W4165 State Highway 64, Merrill
Elementary School …Read More
414 Scott Street, Wausau
Social Club…Read More
936 S 3rd Ave, Wausau
Vertigo Diner & Game Center, located at 936 S. 3rd Ave, Wausau has been serving up fun since 2007! …Read More
- View All Entertainment