Location & Contact:
401 4th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
The Grand Theater is the home base for the Wausau Area Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., a private nonprofit community arts organization established in 1972.
With a mission to promote excellence in the performing arts in North Central Wisconsin, the Performing Arts Foundation (P.A.F.) reaches over 150,000 people each year with performances and instructional programs.
With the grand opening of The Grand in 2002, the Performing Arts Foundation established a new energy in the Wausau area to fulfill its various roles:
* As a Presenter: The P.A.F. sponsors the Lively Arts Series of touring professional artists for community audiences; The Grand Entertainers, special performances of unusual prominence and quality; and the The Grand Student Matinee Series, professional arts events for school groups.
* As a Facility Manager: The P.A.F. maintains and operates The Grand, a combination of historic renovation and new construction in Wausau, Wisconsin. The center of The Grand is the historic Grand Theater, a focal point of Wausau's vital downtown area, and a venue for touring and community activities.
* As an Arts Education Resource: The P.A.F. manages Artists in the Schools, bringing regional artists into classrooms; sponsors The Grand Student Matinee Series; and (with Wausau Schools) is a member of the John F. Kennedy Center Partnership, training teachers to use arts-based techniques to enhance effectiveness across the curriculum.
* As a Local Arts Agency: The P.A.F. provides technical assistance to affiliates, local events, and community groups (including Central Wisconsin Educational Theater Alliance); addresses local issues; works with community agencies for our area's betterment; and is active in state and national consortia.
* As a Fundraiser: The P.A.F.'s annual Performing Arts Fund Drive generates the nation's highest per capita arts giving among communities with population under 180,000.
>>> PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Theater Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cash, Check, Credit, Debit
Element 13 is a rock band from central Wisconsin. We play Classic Rock, Metal, and Original Rock. …Read More
928 LeMessurier St., Wausau
I am a Intuitive Reader. I have work for many years giving pyschic readings.…Read More
320 E Bridge St , Wausau
Biggby Coffee,located on Bridge Street on Wausau's East side, is not your typical coffee shop. With …Read More
2701 Northwestern Ave., Wausau
Camp Sturtevant is nestled along the Eau Claire River, surrounded by pines and hardwoods. A combina…Read More
427 4th St, Wausau
The CVAs mission to promote the appreciation for the visual arts has never been more focused. With …Read More
The Elvis, Patsy Cline & Friends Tribute Show brings a four hour Las Vegas Style Show, with all the …Read More
7021 Stewart Avenue, Wausau
Elite Central All-Stars offers cheerleading, dance, gymnastics, & preschool classes (as well as comp…Read More
141 Milwaukee Street, Minocqua
Situated on one and a half acres of prime real estate on the island of Minocqua, the Campanile Cente…Read More
504 E 4th St, Marshfield
Bown's Bar is a relaxed, neighborhood bar with a great atmosphere and even better prices. …Read More
- View All Entertainment