Location & Contact:
401 4th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
The Grand Theater is the home base for the Wausau Area Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., a private nonprofit community arts organization established in 1972.
With a mission to promote excellence in the performing arts in North Central Wisconsin, the Performing Arts Foundation (P.A.F.) reaches over 150,000 people each year with performances and instructional programs.
With the grand opening of The Grand in 2002, the Performing Arts Foundation established a new energy in the Wausau area to fulfill its various roles:
* As a Presenter: The P.A.F. sponsors the Lively Arts Series of touring professional artists for community audiences; The Grand Entertainers, special performances of unusual prominence and quality; and the The Grand Student Matinee Series, professional arts events for school groups.
* As a Facility Manager: The P.A.F. maintains and operates The Grand, a combination of historic renovation and new construction in Wausau, Wisconsin. The center of The Grand is the historic Grand Theater, a focal point of Wausau's vital downtown area, and a venue for touring and community activities.
* As an Arts Education Resource: The P.A.F. manages Artists in the Schools, bringing regional artists into classrooms; sponsors The Grand Student Matinee Series; and (with Wausau Schools) is a member of the John F. Kennedy Center Partnership, training teachers to use arts-based techniques to enhance effectiveness across the curriculum.
* As a Local Arts Agency: The P.A.F. provides technical assistance to affiliates, local events, and community groups (including Central Wisconsin Educational Theater Alliance); addresses local issues; works with community agencies for our area's betterment; and is active in state and national consortia.
* As a Fundraiser: The P.A.F.'s annual Performing Arts Fund Drive generates the nation's highest per capita arts giving among communities with population under 180,000.
>>> PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Theater Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cash, Check, Credit, Debit
W7670 U.S. Highway 10, Wausau, Marshfield, Stevens Point, Rapids
Established in 1933 and located 5 miles west of Neillsville, WI on US Hwy 10, the Silver Dome Ballro…Read More
156 S Central Ave, Marshfield
Marshfield Area United Way's mission is to increase our community's capacity to care for one another…Read More
707 3rd St , Wausau
Recreational Club…Read More
1519 Water Street, Stevens Point
Welcome to The Holly Shoppe! Unique merchandise and quality craftsmanship are our hallmarks. Loca…Read More
212 W Grand Ave, Wisconsin Rapids
WIFI Available! Happy hour Monday thru Friday 3pm - 6pm with various drink specials. 92" projectio…Read More
100 N 72nd Ave, Wausau
The Wausau Business Development Center is an innovative approach to entrepreneurial development. It …Read More
Ryan Flannery & the Night Owls are an indie rock band originating from the cozy Midwestern city of W…Read More
115 Eau Claire St., Schofield
St. Peter Lutheran School opened its doors on September 6, 1977. Its purpose is to assist parents in…Read More
Progressive Flamenco Classical Guitar El Gel sets the perfect entertainment atmosphere for any Me…Read More
- View All Entertainment