Location & Contact:
401 4th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
The Grand Theater is the home base for the Wausau Area Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., a private nonprofit community arts organization established in 1972.
With a mission to promote excellence in the performing arts in North Central Wisconsin, the Performing Arts Foundation (P.A.F.) reaches over 150,000 people each year with performances and instructional programs.
With the grand opening of The Grand in 2002, the Performing Arts Foundation established a new energy in the Wausau area to fulfill its various roles:
* As a Presenter: The P.A.F. sponsors the Lively Arts Series of touring professional artists for community audiences; The Grand Entertainers, special performances of unusual prominence and quality; and the The Grand Student Matinee Series, professional arts events for school groups.
* As a Facility Manager: The P.A.F. maintains and operates The Grand, a combination of historic renovation and new construction in Wausau, Wisconsin. The center of The Grand is the historic Grand Theater, a focal point of Wausau's vital downtown area, and a venue for touring and community activities.
* As an Arts Education Resource: The P.A.F. manages Artists in the Schools, bringing regional artists into classrooms; sponsors The Grand Student Matinee Series; and (with Wausau Schools) is a member of the John F. Kennedy Center Partnership, training teachers to use arts-based techniques to enhance effectiveness across the curriculum.
* As a Local Arts Agency: The P.A.F. provides technical assistance to affiliates, local events, and community groups (including Central Wisconsin Educational Theater Alliance); addresses local issues; works with community agencies for our area's betterment; and is active in state and national consortia.
* As a Fundraiser: The P.A.F.'s annual Performing Arts Fund Drive generates the nation's highest per capita arts giving among communities with population under 180,000.
>>> PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Theater Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cash, Check, Credit, Debit
W7670 U.S. Highway 10, Wausau, Marshfield, Stevens Point, Rapids
Established in 1933 and located 5 miles west of Neillsville, WI on US Hwy 10, the Silver Dome Ballro…Read More
Varies each week, Wausau
GROUP OVERVIEW: T.H.R.I.V.E. stands for Together Helping Restaurants Improve Valuable exposure. Eve…Read More
606 E Thomas St, Wausau
THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING TURNOUT THIS YEAR! WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR! CHECK O…Read More
905 Morning Glory Lane, Wausua
Haunted attraction in Medford for ages 13 & up. Children under 12 admitted with a parent or guardia…Read More
500 First Street, Suite 2600, Wausau and 407 Grant Street (Wausau City Hall), Wausau
Through The Community oundation of North Central Wisconsin for the enhancement of Wausau's City Squa…Read More
1000 North Oak Ave., Marshfield
New Visions Gallery is Marshfield's art connection. The non-profit community museum has been locate…Read More
About Cadillac Pete and The Heat Let's get right down to the point. One of the first questions peo…Read More
Poney has been together for about five years. There have been a few rearrangments. We like to th…Read More
316 Scott St, Wausau
"Creating Community Through Events" Wausau Area Events creates and manages a series of events for t…Read More
- View All Entertainment