Location & Contact:
401 4th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
The Grand Theater is the home base for the Wausau Area Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., a private nonprofit community arts organization established in 1972.
With a mission to promote excellence in the performing arts in North Central Wisconsin, the Performing Arts Foundation (P.A.F.) reaches over 150,000 people each year with performances and instructional programs.
With the grand opening of The Grand in 2002, the Performing Arts Foundation established a new energy in the Wausau area to fulfill its various roles:
* As a Presenter: The P.A.F. sponsors the Lively Arts Series of touring professional artists for community audiences; The Grand Entertainers, special performances of unusual prominence and quality; and the The Grand Student Matinee Series, professional arts events for school groups.
* As a Facility Manager: The P.A.F. maintains and operates The Grand, a combination of historic renovation and new construction in Wausau, Wisconsin. The center of The Grand is the historic Grand Theater, a focal point of Wausau's vital downtown area, and a venue for touring and community activities.
* As an Arts Education Resource: The P.A.F. manages Artists in the Schools, bringing regional artists into classrooms; sponsors The Grand Student Matinee Series; and (with Wausau Schools) is a member of the John F. Kennedy Center Partnership, training teachers to use arts-based techniques to enhance effectiveness across the curriculum.
* As a Local Arts Agency: The P.A.F. provides technical assistance to affiliates, local events, and community groups (including Central Wisconsin Educational Theater Alliance); addresses local issues; works with community agencies for our area's betterment; and is active in state and national consortia.
* As a Fundraiser: The P.A.F.'s annual Performing Arts Fund Drive generates the nation's highest per capita arts giving among communities with population under 180,000.
>>> PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Theater Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cash, Check, Credit, Debit
9332 Hwy 10 West, Marshfield
The Vox Concert Series is a music movement that features indie, emerging, and label signed musicians…Read More
500 First Street, Suite 2600, Wausau and 407 Grant Street (Wausau City Hall), Wausau
Through The Community oundation of North Central Wisconsin for the enhancement of Wausau's City Squa…Read More
707 3rd St , Wausau
Recreational Club…Read More
300 3rd Street, Wausau
A first-of-its-kind music/arts/outdoor festival - for the second time - to take place the weekend of…Read More
2100 Main Street , Stevens Point
With our roots in the heart of the state, Wisconsin's right-sized public university launches student…Read More
6202 Schofield Ave., Weston
Arrow Sports Club, located in Weston, is a Great Sports Bar & Grill that offers a wide range of serv…Read More
10101 Market Street, Rothschild
Serving appetizers, sandwich baskets, pizzas and a variety of drinks including gourmet coffees. Pri…Read More
320 E Bridge St , Wausau
Biggby Coffee,located on Bridge Street on Wausau's East side, is not your typical coffee shop. With …Read More
Less of 12 is a hard rock band from Marshfield WI. They have been together for about four years. The…Read More
- View All Entertainment