Location & Contact:
401 4th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
The Grand Theater is the home base for the Wausau Area Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., a private nonprofit community arts organization established in 1972.
With a mission to promote excellence in the performing arts in North Central Wisconsin, the Performing Arts Foundation (P.A.F.) reaches over 150,000 people each year with performances and instructional programs.
With the grand opening of The Grand in 2002, the Performing Arts Foundation established a new energy in the Wausau area to fulfill its various roles:
* As a Presenter: The P.A.F. sponsors the Lively Arts Series of touring professional artists for community audiences; The Grand Entertainers, special performances of unusual prominence and quality; and the The Grand Student Matinee Series, professional arts events for school groups.
* As a Facility Manager: The P.A.F. maintains and operates The Grand, a combination of historic renovation and new construction in Wausau, Wisconsin. The center of The Grand is the historic Grand Theater, a focal point of Wausau's vital downtown area, and a venue for touring and community activities.
* As an Arts Education Resource: The P.A.F. manages Artists in the Schools, bringing regional artists into classrooms; sponsors The Grand Student Matinee Series; and (with Wausau Schools) is a member of the John F. Kennedy Center Partnership, training teachers to use arts-based techniques to enhance effectiveness across the curriculum.
* As a Local Arts Agency: The P.A.F. provides technical assistance to affiliates, local events, and community groups (including Central Wisconsin Educational Theater Alliance); addresses local issues; works with community agencies for our area's betterment; and is active in state and national consortia.
* As a Fundraiser: The P.A.F.'s annual Performing Arts Fund Drive generates the nation's highest per capita arts giving among communities with population under 180,000.
>>> PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Theater Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cash, Check, Credit, Debit
9332 Hwy 10 West, Marshfield
The Vox Concert Series is a music movement that features indie, emerging, and label signed musicians…Read More
182 South Main Street, Amherst
While you are in Amherst, plese take a few moments to visit The Tomorrow River Gallery and Gift Shop…Read More
103 South Central Avenue, Marshfield
The Thomas House Center for History is located in the lower level of the restored Thomas House which…Read More
419 South Central Avenue, Marshfield
309 3rd St., Mosinee
bowling lanes/bar…Read More
Amherst Fairgrounds 4504 Fairground Rd, Amherst
The Portage County Fair is a four -day event held on the Amherst fairgrounds. Fair activities includ…Read More
3703 COUNTY ROAD Q, Amherst
Homemade dishes…Read More
403 N. Weber Ave., Stratford
VFW Post…Read More
6202 Schofield Ave., Weston
Arrow Sports Club, located in Weston, is a Great Sports Bar & Grill that offers a wide range of serv…Read More
- View All Entertainment