Location & Contact:
401 4th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
The Grand Theater is the home base for the Wausau Area Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., a private nonprofit community arts organization established in 1972.
With a mission to promote excellence in the performing arts in North Central Wisconsin, the Performing Arts Foundation (P.A.F.) reaches over 150,000 people each year with performances and instructional programs.
With the grand opening of The Grand in 2002, the Performing Arts Foundation established a new energy in the Wausau area to fulfill its various roles:
* As a Presenter: The P.A.F. sponsors the Lively Arts Series of touring professional artists for community audiences; The Grand Entertainers, special performances of unusual prominence and quality; and the The Grand Student Matinee Series, professional arts events for school groups.
* As a Facility Manager: The P.A.F. maintains and operates The Grand, a combination of historic renovation and new construction in Wausau, Wisconsin. The center of The Grand is the historic Grand Theater, a focal point of Wausau's vital downtown area, and a venue for touring and community activities.
* As an Arts Education Resource: The P.A.F. manages Artists in the Schools, bringing regional artists into classrooms; sponsors The Grand Student Matinee Series; and (with Wausau Schools) is a member of the John F. Kennedy Center Partnership, training teachers to use arts-based techniques to enhance effectiveness across the curriculum.
* As a Local Arts Agency: The P.A.F. provides technical assistance to affiliates, local events, and community groups (including Central Wisconsin Educational Theater Alliance); addresses local issues; works with community agencies for our area's betterment; and is active in state and national consortia.
* As a Fundraiser: The P.A.F.'s annual Performing Arts Fund Drive generates the nation's highest per capita arts giving among communities with population under 180,000.
>>> PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Theater Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cash, Check, Credit, Debit
330 Third Street, Wausau
social club…Read More
6413 Red Oak Court, Weston
Wausau Area Newcomer Service works with local businesses and service providers to offer welcoming in…Read More
2000 West 5th Street, Marshfield
The Helen Connor Laird Fine Arts Building is home to a variety of arts offerings including the Galle…Read More
Wausau's Original All Women Flat Track Roller Derby League. Since 2009. …Read More
115 Eau Claire St., Schofield
St. Peter Lutheran School opened its doors on September 6, 1977. Its purpose is to assist parents in…Read More
805 Creske Ave., Rothschild
The Grand Lodge is a 139-room resort themed after the beautiful Wisconsin Northwoods and the Wausau …Read More
700 S Central Ave, Marshfield and 800-422-4541
The mission of the Marshfield Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry (MACCI) is to provide leadership a…Read More
905 Morning Glory Lane, Wausua
Haunted attraction in Medford for ages 13 & up. Children under 12 admitted with a parent or guardia…Read More
487 North Main Street , Amherst
Residents of the Tomorrow River community have long recognized the uniqueness of this area. One of t…Read More
- View All Entertainment