Location & Contact:
401 4th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
The Grand Theater is the home base for the Wausau Area Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., a private nonprofit community arts organization established in 1972.
With a mission to promote excellence in the performing arts in North Central Wisconsin, the Performing Arts Foundation (P.A.F.) reaches over 150,000 people each year with performances and instructional programs.
With the grand opening of The Grand in 2002, the Performing Arts Foundation established a new energy in the Wausau area to fulfill its various roles:
* As a Presenter: The P.A.F. sponsors the Lively Arts Series of touring professional artists for community audiences; The Grand Entertainers, special performances of unusual prominence and quality; and the The Grand Student Matinee Series, professional arts events for school groups.
* As a Facility Manager: The P.A.F. maintains and operates The Grand, a combination of historic renovation and new construction in Wausau, Wisconsin. The center of The Grand is the historic Grand Theater, a focal point of Wausau's vital downtown area, and a venue for touring and community activities.
* As an Arts Education Resource: The P.A.F. manages Artists in the Schools, bringing regional artists into classrooms; sponsors The Grand Student Matinee Series; and (with Wausau Schools) is a member of the John F. Kennedy Center Partnership, training teachers to use arts-based techniques to enhance effectiveness across the curriculum.
* As a Local Arts Agency: The P.A.F. provides technical assistance to affiliates, local events, and community groups (including Central Wisconsin Educational Theater Alliance); addresses local issues; works with community agencies for our area's betterment; and is active in state and national consortia.
* As a Fundraiser: The P.A.F.'s annual Performing Arts Fund Drive generates the nation's highest per capita arts giving among communities with population under 180,000.
>>> PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Theater Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cash, Check, Credit, Debit
2313 Grand View Drive, Wausau
Grand Valley Adventures is a sports and recreation rental provider for Canoes, Kayaks and paintball …Read More
Ryan Flannery & the Night Owls are an indie rock band originating from the cozy Midwestern city of W…Read More
182 South Main Street, Amherst
While you are in Amherst, plese take a few moments to visit The Tomorrow River Gallery and Gift Shop…Read More
1002 Start Street, Wausau
South Beach Up North, Wausaus seventh annual free summer chamber music festival. We are excited to a…Read More
C-302 Wausau Center, Wausau and Central, Central
Businesses located in the mall: Aeropostale Always Cellular The Almond Tree American Eagle Outf…Read More
10101 Market Street, Rothschild
Theater …Read More
1750 W Grand Ave, Wisconsin Rapids
Art galley featuring fine traditional Native American art inlcuding Ho-Chunk, Lakota Sioux, Zuni, an…Read More
W7670 U.S. Highway 10, Wausau, Marshfield, Stevens Point, Rapids
Established in 1933 and located 5 miles west of Neillsville, WI on US Hwy 10, the Silver Dome Ballro…Read More
427 4th St, Wausau
The CVAs mission to promote the appreciation for the visual arts has never been more focused. With …Read More
- View All Entertainment