Location & Contact:
401 4th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
The Grand Theater is the home base for the Wausau Area Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., a private nonprofit community arts organization established in 1972.
With a mission to promote excellence in the performing arts in North Central Wisconsin, the Performing Arts Foundation (P.A.F.) reaches over 150,000 people each year with performances and instructional programs.
With the grand opening of The Grand in 2002, the Performing Arts Foundation established a new energy in the Wausau area to fulfill its various roles:
* As a Presenter: The P.A.F. sponsors the Lively Arts Series of touring professional artists for community audiences; The Grand Entertainers, special performances of unusual prominence and quality; and the The Grand Student Matinee Series, professional arts events for school groups.
* As a Facility Manager: The P.A.F. maintains and operates The Grand, a combination of historic renovation and new construction in Wausau, Wisconsin. The center of The Grand is the historic Grand Theater, a focal point of Wausau's vital downtown area, and a venue for touring and community activities.
* As an Arts Education Resource: The P.A.F. manages Artists in the Schools, bringing regional artists into classrooms; sponsors The Grand Student Matinee Series; and (with Wausau Schools) is a member of the John F. Kennedy Center Partnership, training teachers to use arts-based techniques to enhance effectiveness across the curriculum.
* As a Local Arts Agency: The P.A.F. provides technical assistance to affiliates, local events, and community groups (including Central Wisconsin Educational Theater Alliance); addresses local issues; works with community agencies for our area's betterment; and is active in state and national consortia.
* As a Fundraiser: The P.A.F.'s annual Performing Arts Fund Drive generates the nation's highest per capita arts giving among communities with population under 180,000.
>>> PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Theater Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cash, Check, Credit, Debit
Main Street (Downtown), Stevens Point
Krazy Days is a community event held in the downtown Stevens Point area featuring live music, childr…Read More
R5271 Town Hall Road, Ringle
Horse stables…Read More
Welcome to Spencer WI's home grown, Kick Back, Come As You Are, Take Aim and Rock Show! Toy Guns hit…Read More
2002 Poplar Ln, Wausau
Country Club…Read More
10191 Highway B, Marshfield
RiverEdge-sometimes called the best kept secret in Central Wisconsin. It is a public 18-hold champi…Read More
24447 County Highway S, Cadott
A City of its Own, Rock Fest is a true ROCK experience you can't miss. Featuring only the best of ne…Read More
603 W Division St, Neillsville
**18 Hole w/cart .....$35 ** ** 9 Hole w/cart.....$20 ** ** CALL FOR TEE TIMES …Read More
141 Milwaukee Street, Minocqua
Situated on one and a half acres of prime real estate on the island of Minocqua, the Campanile Cente…Read More
305 3rd Street, Wausau and 1105 Main St, Stevens Point
Clay Corner Studio is a Paint your own Pottery and Glass Fusing Studio. We have projects for all age…Read More
- View All Entertainment