Location & Contact:
401 4th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
The Grand Theater is the home base for the Wausau Area Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., a private nonprofit community arts organization established in 1972.
With a mission to promote excellence in the performing arts in North Central Wisconsin, the Performing Arts Foundation (P.A.F.) reaches over 150,000 people each year with performances and instructional programs.
With the grand opening of The Grand in 2002, the Performing Arts Foundation established a new energy in the Wausau area to fulfill its various roles:
* As a Presenter: The P.A.F. sponsors the Lively Arts Series of touring professional artists for community audiences; The Grand Entertainers, special performances of unusual prominence and quality; and the The Grand Student Matinee Series, professional arts events for school groups.
* As a Facility Manager: The P.A.F. maintains and operates The Grand, a combination of historic renovation and new construction in Wausau, Wisconsin. The center of The Grand is the historic Grand Theater, a focal point of Wausau's vital downtown area, and a venue for touring and community activities.
* As an Arts Education Resource: The P.A.F. manages Artists in the Schools, bringing regional artists into classrooms; sponsors The Grand Student Matinee Series; and (with Wausau Schools) is a member of the John F. Kennedy Center Partnership, training teachers to use arts-based techniques to enhance effectiveness across the curriculum.
* As a Local Arts Agency: The P.A.F. provides technical assistance to affiliates, local events, and community groups (including Central Wisconsin Educational Theater Alliance); addresses local issues; works with community agencies for our area's betterment; and is active in state and national consortia.
* As a Fundraiser: The P.A.F.'s annual Performing Arts Fund Drive generates the nation's highest per capita arts giving among communities with population under 180,000.
>>> PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Theater Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cash, Check, Credit, Debit
401 N. Fourth Street, Wausau
Striking, intriguing and altogether inspiring with a myriad of possibilities. The Great Hall can be …Read More
2920 S Webster Ave, Suite A, Green Bay
Nonprofit organization which supports medical research for arthritis.…Read More
2501 Church Street, Stevens Point
The Koerten Gallery has been locally owed and operated for over 30 years. What wtarted as a small f…Read More
412 W Main St., Merrill
Saloons-N-Spoons is a free monthly newspaper serving the Central Wisconsin area: Your newspaper guid…Read More
308 Grand Ave. Suite 001, Wausau
A entertainment company that cares about the results of your event. We strive to make your event as …Read More
W4165 State Highway 64, Merrill
Elementary School …Read More
406 Grant St, Wausau
If youre like Johnny Beehner, then youre 65 and fascinated by how compasses work. Johnnys clean and …Read More
Amherst Fairgrounds 4504 Fairground Rd, Amherst
The Portage County Fair is a four -day event held on the Amherst fairgrounds. Fair activities includ…Read More
- View All Entertainment