Location & Contact:
401 4th Street
Wausau, WI 54403
The Grand Theater is the home base for the Wausau Area Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., a private nonprofit community arts organization established in 1972.
With a mission to promote excellence in the performing arts in North Central Wisconsin, the Performing Arts Foundation (P.A.F.) reaches over 150,000 people each year with performances and instructional programs.
With the grand opening of The Grand in 2002, the Performing Arts Foundation established a new energy in the Wausau area to fulfill its various roles:
* As a Presenter: The P.A.F. sponsors the Lively Arts Series of touring professional artists for community audiences; The Grand Entertainers, special performances of unusual prominence and quality; and the The Grand Student Matinee Series, professional arts events for school groups.
* As a Facility Manager: The P.A.F. maintains and operates The Grand, a combination of historic renovation and new construction in Wausau, Wisconsin. The center of The Grand is the historic Grand Theater, a focal point of Wausau's vital downtown area, and a venue for touring and community activities.
* As an Arts Education Resource: The P.A.F. manages Artists in the Schools, bringing regional artists into classrooms; sponsors The Grand Student Matinee Series; and (with Wausau Schools) is a member of the John F. Kennedy Center Partnership, training teachers to use arts-based techniques to enhance effectiveness across the curriculum.
* As a Local Arts Agency: The P.A.F. provides technical assistance to affiliates, local events, and community groups (including Central Wisconsin Educational Theater Alliance); addresses local issues; works with community agencies for our area's betterment; and is active in state and national consortia.
* As a Fundraiser: The P.A.F.'s annual Performing Arts Fund Drive generates the nation's highest per capita arts giving among communities with population under 180,000.
>>> PLAN YOUR VISIT
Monday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: Theater Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: Theater Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Cash, Check, Credit, Debit
Progressive Flamenco Classical Guitar El Gel sets the perfect entertainment atmosphere for any Me…Read More
225 S. Central Ave., Wausau, Marshfield, Stevens Point, Rapids
Forget Me Not Nails is a full service, nails only salon. I have 11 years of experience in the nail i…Read More
Up to 10 Hip Hop, Dance and Pop acts available for concerts, festivals…Read More
1800 South Cental Avenue, Marshfield
Wildwood Zoo is a municipal zoo, which was established in 1937. The Wildwood Park and Zoological So…Read More
2701 Northwestern Ave., Wausau
Camp Sturtevant is nestled along the Eau Claire River, surrounded by pines and hardwoods. A combina…Read More
Stewart Avenue, Wausau
Marathon Park Grandstands is located in Marathon Park on Stewart Avenue.…Read More
500 First Street, Suite 2600, Wausau and 407 Grant Street (Wausau City Hall), Wausau
Through The Community oundation of North Central Wisconsin for the enhancement of Wausau's City Squa…Read More
805 Creske Ave, Rothschild
Koo Coo's Nest Comedy Club (where "We Take Comedy Very Seriously") is the dream of two local comics,…Read More
320 E Bridge St , Wausau
Biggby Coffee,located on Bridge Street on Wausau's East side, is not your typical coffee shop. With …Read More
- View All Entertainment